Support FAQ Home
The Reading Comprehension passage doesn't
show completely or correctly. What could be wrong?
Norton Antivirus Incompatibility With
Norton Antivirus Version 7 sets a default to not allow Microsoft Scripts
from running. This is a real problem for the thousands of companies that
use Microsoft Scripts and other standard Windows programming functions.
You can resolve this problem by turning off Norton Antivirus' Script Blocking
Feature. Then complain to Symantec at
Tell them to not set Script Blocking as a default
To disable Norton Antivirus Script Blocking:
1. Start Norton Antivirus from your START menu.
2. On the main Norton Antivirus window, click on Options.
3. On the left, under System options, click Script
4. On the right, uncheck the check box "Enable Script
5. Exit Norton Antivirus.
6. You may need to reinstall TopScore Pro. Note: This will
erase your tests.
**IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE THE SCRIPT BLOCKING
1) You must use the Live Update option to update Norton Antivirus
to the latest version. Note: After using the Live Update option, disable
the Script Blocking feature as outlined above. YOU MUST UNINSTALL AND
REINSTALL TopScore Pro software if you have had to update Norton Antivirus to
include Script Blocking.
2) You have a CORPORATE EDITION of Norton Antivirus OR HAD an earlier version of
Norton Antivirus installed at ONE POINT in the past. Norton Antivirus
Corporate Edition DOES NOT correctly uninstall and leaves Script Blocking
Registry Settings still active in your Windows Registry. You MUST contact
Symantec Help Desk to remove these Registry Settings or check Symantec Support
Web page to get instructions on how to remove these registry settings.
This is NOT an issue with TopScore Pro software and we are not affiliated with
Symantec Corporation and are not responsible for Norton Antivirus' problems with
standard Windows software. Using Antivirus software comes with some risks
and problems. We only try and help you when we can.